Saturday, September 02, 2006

Not far enough

Just busted out of the Friday night $20K on Full Tilt, finishing 42nd. Got it up to 10K -- just about par -- and then barely played a hand for the next hour. Cold-carded, I watched my stack whittled by the blinds to around 2,500, but in the money. That's around the time kaellinn18 -- you know, the guy who took down a Tilt MTT Thursday night -- popped up in chat and nursed me through to the end. Many thanks, sir. (He along with Hoyazo, Jordan, Miami Don and Smokkee also were entered.)

After making the money, I used a couple of suckouts and some blind steals to make it as far as I did. No big hands at all. Ace-10 was it. (Do pocket 6s, which I wimpily folded UTG, count as a decent hand?) I finally busted pushing A-9 from EP (I had around 18K with blinds at 1,200/2,400/???) and got called by pocket kings. I probably should have waited and hoped for a better spot, but the blinds were too tempting to steal. Oh well.

It was the deepest I've gone in the handful of 20K and 12K tournaments I've played on Tilt. I need to win a few more peep tokens and see if I can final table one of these puppies.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt Silverthorn said...

Congrats on your finish last night. You were able to hold on surprisingly long for how card dead you were. I'm sure you'll be able to make the final table in this thing in no time.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home