Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Early to bed

One of the great questions of the 21st Century is, of course: Would you rather bust out of a tournament early or on the bubble? I prefer the former and I followed that plan perfectly in tonight's WWdN, busting in 45th place.

My pocket aces got cracked by Waffles' Big Slick. That cost me about one-third of my stack. A couple of orbits later, Mao of Poker sent me dumpster-diving when we both flopped sets. (He had 10s, I had 6s.) That's twice in just over a week that I've gone broke flopping bottom set. Poker.

The hand with Waffles is bothersome, though. We both checked the K-K-10 flop. I led for 100 on the turn and Waffles smooth called. I checked the river, believing I was beat. Waffles bet of 260 confirmed that fact. But that didn't stop me from making a crying call. Idiot. I'm still the typical donk who won't release rockets even when he knows they've blown up on the launch pad.

Otherwise, most of my poker degeneracy has been dedicated to the hapless pursuit of cash games, mostly on Titan, a little on Full Tilt. I've been bouncing between $50 NL and $100 NL (with one $200 NL session tossed in for less than good measure) and have logged some winning sessions. It's been a decent run. I've been trying to mix it up more, folding less to preflop aggression. Still too tight post-flop.

Addendum: Just won my first peep show token in a 2-table SNG on Tilt by basically showing down just one hand -- pocket kings that flopped a set. Card dead throughout, I sat back and watched some idiot run over the table(s) by hitting all sorts of crap. I didn't mind playing spectator. It all pays the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home