Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A little closer

I managed to cash in another 10K on Full Tilt tonight, this time finishing 30th (588 runners). Saw an astounding 8 percent of the flops and got stuck for an extended period at a table with some big stacks who knew what they were doing. As we got near the bubble, I folded some nice hands, including 9s and jacks. Yes, jacks. (Sigh.) Wimpy? Yes. But I really do hate jacks. And, as it turns out, both hands would have lost.

One from the bubble with a stack of around 5K, I found pocket kings. I pushed and the big stack called with A-4 from the big blind. I won my race and cruised into the money. Nothing happened after that. N-O-T-H-I-N-G. I stole with A-Q once and finally pushed pocket 9s with around 5K left and got two callers. King-queen got his king on the flop and I was done.

In the meantime, I'd been chipping up nicely in the Tanner Evers Charity Tournament hosted by Mookie. I managed to final table it, finishing eighth, but more importantly, captured bodacious bounty -- cookies! -- by knocking out Mrs. Mookie. A fun tournament. Let's hope Mr. Evers rebounds nicely from his bad beat.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the nice run last night, including the bounty. You're lucky their cookies from an online place and not homemade...there may have been a a secret ingredient or two after knocking MM out :)

Thanks so much playing in the tourney last night.

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home