Monday, July 24, 2006

Something in the water

I'm no Supermodel but I did manage to wade through 1,877 other players tonight/this morning to finish eighth in an $11 tournament on Stars.














I flamed out in semi-sloppy fashion. Sitting on 220K in the SB (10K/20K/400), I pushed all-in with jacks after an UTG raise. He had aces. Three hearts on the flop gave me hope for an ugly flush, but no further help arrived and that was that. Bad play? Meh. Don't think so. I'd have pushed on the raggedy board had I just called preflop.

The hand of the night came with about 24 players left. I got to see the flop with pocket 3s. The flop came 3-5-10. I led out and a much bigger stack put me all-in. I insta-called and he showed 5-10. A 5 came on the turn and ... a precious 3 floated in on the river. DQB! DQB! That's the most vicious Riverstars suck/resuck I've seen to date. Nice to be on the resuck end of the equation.

As you might be able to discern from my previous post, I've been running poorly as of late. Cash games have been crashing violently against my bankroll, causing major erosion. (I did manage to finish 81st in Friday night's $20K guaranteed on Full Tilt. Woooooot! But that was it.)

Making a final table in a big-ass MTT was not a bad way to end what had been an unproductive poker weekend.

5 Comments:

Blogger jjok said...

Very well done man! Congrats......

10:22 AM  
Blogger jjok said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job, nice score.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Are you kidding me?! That is unfuckingbelievable dude. This plus the WSOP ME blogger freeroll definitively prove you that insane chops needed for these deep field monsters. Really nice job Hacker.

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm proud for two reasons: your finishes and the COMMENT SPAM!!! Comment spam indicates the blog is getting a higher profile. Congrats!!!

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home