Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Tee it up

A bottle of Patron Silver? Sixty dollars. Playing 54 holes of golf over two days with two of your best friends? Priceless. Waking up and playing 36 holes after killing a bottle of Patron Silver along with several beers and a generous pour of Ketel at dinner? Painful, but manageable thanks to an unhealthy dose of Motrin.

I arrived home in time from that autumnal rite of liquor and links to play The Group tournaments and defend last week'sThe MATH title but chose to vegetate instead. My body bent and mishapen, my brain a mushy glop of cellular annihilation, chances of poker success hovered around nil. Bed proved far more inviting. Sleep is the province of the innocent, sayeth The Monsignor.

On the active poker front, I'm amending my SNG plan -- already. At the current rate, it will take another month to play 100 $3.40 Turbos on Stars. I've played 31 thus far and am bored. It's time to move up. I doubt the $6.50s will offer any more excitement. And I'm not planning to change strategies: Play tight early, let the gamboolers lose or get lucky and attempt to pound people when the blinds matter. (It has required some newfound discipline, meaning no shenanigans in the initial rounds and finding the nerve to push with any two later.) I'm hoping I'll find the slightly higher stakes more interesting.

And now my belated two cents on the Death of Poker Blogs. Don't think so. Too many of you have connected too deeply for this particular viral strain to die. Blogging has, after all, brought a much-needed dose of humanity to the weird world of online poker.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing in The Mookie last night.

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home