Thursday, March 26, 2009

Operation Overlay

In all of the time I've played on Stars, I can't recall seeing a guaranteed tournament not reach its intended prize pool. I was signing up for some 45s late this morning when I peeked at the tournament lineup and saw that the noon $30K guaranteed appeared to be well short of its target.

The sucker I am for overlay value, I paid me $22 and proceeded to fold into the money for the last 45 minutes or so. (Wasn't difficult, given the super crappy cards I was being dealt.) The tournament ended up $4,440 short of its $30K guarantee. I'll be on the lookout for similar bargains in the future.

While I've largely stayed away from the blogger tournament circuit for the past year or so, I did manage to sign up, at the last minute, for the Skillz game (limit) on Tuesday and the Mookie last night (where I donked off a middling stack bluffing with a pair of threes. Damn, I'm good.)

Given last night's performance, I have absolutely no moral authority upon which to base the following statement, but meh, it's my blog and no one can stop me: Bloggers, overall, ain't all that good at tournament poker. Too bad I have to include myself in that cohort.

1 Comments:

Blogger smokkee said...

i discovered that tournament had an overlay yesterday (short about 150 players). today it just missed the gtd payout.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home