Sunday, March 22, 2009

Getting better all the time

Variance has been swinging in a positive direction the last couple of days. I've had a couple of nice sets of 45-man $3.40s on Stars that have given me an 18 percent ROI over 139 games. As always, the small sample is meaningless statistically, but important psychologically. I'd always prefer to be kicked in the junk less than more.

You must grind to be a profitable SNG player. And it's virtually impossible to win a meaningful amount playing $3.40s unless you were playing hundreds a day while maintaining an off-the-hook ROI. That ain't happening.

While my stated goal remains to win 100 buy-ins for the move up to $6.50s, that looks like a pretty daunting task. I need to find the energy to play a whole lote more than the 139 I've gotten in over the last 11 days. I need to get in much better shape both physically and mentally while continuing to plug the leaks in my game.

My MTT results have also been slightly better as of late. And that applies only to Poker Stars. Full Tilt results are awful. I'm not sure why Howard Lederer hates me. I might be hallucinatting, but I feel as if I'm ready for some bigger tournament scores. Lord knows I'm due.

On the rehab front, my knee continues to improve and get stronger with each passing day. I've received permission to drive (about two weeks ahead of schedule) and will begin outpatient physical therapy on Tuesday.

Got out yesterday to watch Poker Jones Junior make his varsity debut in the team's first scrimmage. (He's a sophomore.) Junior pitched two innings and allowed one hit, two walks and struck out three. Very impressive. (I'm not proud.) He also flew out to the warning track in right field on a day when the ball wasn't carrying.

2 Comments:

Blogger diverjoules said...

Hey HAcker - you have moved up on the wait list. And now that you can drive there is chance you can play in the deepstack this Fri.. keep your eyes on the RSVP list, if you are still interested.

11:15 AM  
Blogger diverjoules said...

Oh BTW... glad you are feeling better :-)

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home