Sunday, January 14, 2007

Presto is Gold (The Live Album)

With apologies to Fuel.

Flamed out around 20th place (34 runners) in last night's Group tournament. Never got anything going. (I did, however, move in blind UTG with 1,100 chips left and the blinds at 300/600. Two callers. My K-7 boated. Alas, my tournament existence proved short-lived. I lasted less than an orbit when A-10 fell to pocket 9s.)

I jumped into the normal loosey-goosey .25/.50 cash game. Folded, limp/folded for a couple of orbits. I straddled and was dealt pocket 5s. There were 4, maybe maybe 5 callers. Out of principle, I put a symmetrical "hat" ($5) on it, figuring my tight-ass rep might win me the pot right there. Nope. Min-raised by Tony. Ack. Can't be good. I called the other $5 and everyone folded.

The Poker Gods delivered a Fuelish flop of A-5-x. Hoping the ace was a good card for me, I checked. Tony bet $10. Yep. He's got one. I pushed my last $30 or so and he reluctantly called with A-K. Trip 5s are good and I take down a fair-sized pot. I found myself up two buy-ins when the game broke up an hour later. Not bad for 90 minutes work.

5 Comments:

Blogger Fuel55 said...

Textbook!

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If my bankroll runs low I'm going to bust out of BW's just when the cash game is starting up. Lord.

11:04 PM  
Blogger jase1 said...

Great Idea I have done it twice and doubled my money both times!

12:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Its a real good game! I dealt that hand

4:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home