Monday, February 20, 2006

Lice dancing

Tournament results from tonight:

9-person SNG on Full Tilt ($22) -- Raise from button with K-8. Big blind calls. Flop comes K-8-Q. BB bets, I get my money in the pot, BB calls. BB has K-Q. I'm gone.
180 on Stars ($22) -- Raise 4x BB with pocket 10s and get one caller. Flop comes 9-7-x. Caller leads out small, I get my money in the pot, He calls with 9-7. I'm gone.
45-person Turbo on Stars ($12) -- I get all my money in with pocket kings and get called by nines. I don't even look. A nine arrives on the river. I'm gone.
18-person Turbo on Stars ($16) -- I call an all-in with pocket aces. Have him slightly covered. Mr. All-in has 9-10 suited. Flop comes J-8-x. Blank on the turn. This time I look. A queen arrives on the river, leaving me with pocket change. Two hands later, I'm gone.

And that's not to mention mention the $70 pot I lost last night in a 6-max cash game when someone called my $10 preflop raise (I've got pocket kings) with J-9o and won with runner-runner flush (On a board that included 2 aces. He called both my flop and turn bets.) Or the guy who called my $15 bet (I've got pocket jacks) after a ragged flop with K-7o (no pair, no draw) and spikes a king on the turn.

Boy, do I love poker.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brutal. Brutal brutal brutal. But I was really feeling it with my 9-7.

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. Sounds like every online game I play...

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home