Monday, November 20, 2006

About freakin' time

I can only hope my national nightmare is finally over. After weeks of failing to even cash in an MTT, I managed to bust out 75th in tonight's $35K Guaranteed on Tilt (1,906 runners). Pushed my last 20K with queens and a 9K raise in front of me. He called with A-K. You can only guess how that one turned out.

Throughout this horrific streak of junk-stomping beats, I've continued to believe that not only am I capable of cashing in every tournament I play, there's no reason why I can't -- why I shouldn't -- go deep. Yeah, I got holes in my game. Post-flop play remains a challenge. But sweet jebus, I'm due for something good to happen online. The small payout from tonight's efforts isn't exactly what I've been looking for, but perhaps it's a start.

In the meantime, I'll continue reciting my new mantra: Just win, baby.

3 Comments:

Blogger Guin said...

Have you tried playing certain pocket pairs differently? possibly call a raise with QQ-99 instead of jamming. That way you leave yourself an out if you see a horrible flop.

Been something that I am working with and getting a few guys to fold on the flop that might have rivered me.

It might seem weak but a smooth call can appear to be strong but that depends on your table image.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

I've always liked your MTT game Hacker. Don't tinker unless something is really awry, because given your blogger final table results, you're as successful as anyone.

It might be in the donkfest that is the 25k, you are giving your opponents more credit than they deserve. When I have any luck at all, it's ABC for hour 1.

Guin, is it even possible to get "rivered" by a flop without utilizing a TARDIS?

9:40 PM  
Blogger Poker Jones said...

The bad beats have been coming pre- and post-flop. Here's a favorite: Raise with pocket queens preflop near the bubble and get one caller. Shove on the ragged flop and get called by a slightly larger stack, who has pocket 2s. He gets his 2 on the turn and IGHN.

But you do make a good point, Guin. In this necessary self-examination, everything is in play.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home