Friday, October 20, 2006

Dark Side of the Not

Weirdness afoot.














I've won this tournament two weeks in a row while listening to Dark Side of the Moon. Some powerful Floyd mojo, I guess. The new iPod has been a good investment.

Key hand was A-K vs. LOK1's pocket 8s while three-handed. I opened, he reraised and I pondered. LOK's agg factor hovered around 400,000. Is he making a play? Certainly capable. But I don't think so. I sigh heavily, hold my nose and get ready to race. An ace flops and I have most of the chips.

Surflexus took out LOK two hands later, leaving me with a 4.5-1 chip lead. I flop two pair a couple of hands into heads-up play and it's over.

The biggest hand of the night pitted Surf vs. LOK while on the bubble. Surf made the best laydown I can remember, tossing pocket aces on the river with a board of 6c Kh Kd 5s Ks. LOK said he had it. I believe him.

3 Comments:

Blogger jjok said...

congrats on the win!

11:16 AM  
Blogger Joanada said...

Congrats! I missed the tourney unfortunately - but did catch the end of it to see your win.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Nice work, Hacker. I was in Tilt Central so missed it, but next time.

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home