Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Very oddsmakings

The Vegas money line had me at -160 in a last-longer bet with Iakaris for tonight’s Mookie tournament on Stars. That’s patently absurd. Don’t they know who I am? Does someone know something that I don’t? Don’t they know who Iak (another Cleveland-based poker blogger) is?

I dumped all my betting money on Iak. I can't pass up a sure thing with those odds. My tournament game is not sharp at the moment, having bombed in the last 4 or 5 I’ve entered. The focus is just not there. The only saving grace is I’ve been generally knocked out early, providing me with time to lose at $100 NL on Stars and Titan yet inexplicably winning at limit Omaha Hi-Lo.

The Group is holding a $3/6 limit O8 game on Friday and figured I should brush up my non-existent hi-lo skills.(I do like the new 6-max tables on Stars.) I've moved up from $1/2 to $2/4 and finally $3/6. I’m no O8 expert, and the sample is insignificant, but the games at those levels don't appear to be too tough.

(Addendum: Just flamed out of the Mookie with pocket 10s vs. A-8. Iakaris still alive, although relatively short-stacked. Glad I put my money on him.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

PJ, that was an even split at best...I got taken down about 5 minutes later with what I thought was a good read on Jules...I called her all-in with AJo (not the greatest hand to go to war with, but she had pushed a lot and was hoping for a small pair) Bad News - The Mighty Hammer was used to take me out on the flop...

c'est la vie...

See ya out there!

9:01 AM  
Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing last night, tough hand with the TT too.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Yeah PJ, those odds from Don are always a little bit off. For some reason he had me and Smokkee as even-money to last longer. Even though I knew I would crush Smokkee, everyone else knew I would crush him, and heck even Smokkee knew I would crush him in that thing. Sometimes it's just a popularity contest anyways. All you can do is go out there and play your best game, and let the chips fall where they may (pun intended).

Fun playing with you this week man.

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home