Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Won't you try just a little bit harder?

With a busy summer of looming deadlines and coaching the Poker Jones Junior Traveling All-Star Baseball Team and the Jonesette Saturday Softball Spectaculars, I planned to be an even lazier-than-normal donk in terms of contributing more unnecessary drivel to the blogosphere in the coming months. Less time at the felt, both real and virtual, leaves less fodder for these weakly written missives.

But alas, my plans have been foiled by what surely must be the unconsecrated vestiges of Catholic-induced guilt. I've been a regular in the last month or so in blogger tournaments such as the WWdN, Mookie and WWdN Not and would like to play, when possible, in the various blogger freerolls that various sites have been holding. (Including a big one on, gulp, on Father's Day. Not sure I can pull that one off.) Thus, it would be unseemly for me to pose as a blogger and not actually get off my ass and post something, no matter how inane, on a slightly more frequent basis.

Having played in a few blogger tournaments with Iakaris, who lists Cleveland as his current hometown, I finally asked for his blog URL last night. Not only am I now aware that another Cleveland-based poker blog exists, but I've discovered that his happens to be the most literate of the myriad poker blogs I have read in the last several years. A physician/philosopher/comic/degenerate poker player, Iakaris had mad skills to which I can only hope to aspire. I'm quite proud to now be the second-best poker blogger in Cleveland, a ranking I will keep only until another of these rare beasts has been sighted.

Not much actual poker content to add here. (I got knocked out early in tonight's Mookie tournament on Stars with A-K vs. QQ vs. JJ.) But I'm enjoying sitting on my porch, sipping Glenlivet and typing as the sky blazes brightly with a late spring thunderstorm, harkening a tremendously fond Dead association. For reasons I'm not able to fully explain, even to myself, it seems deliciously apropos.

The wheel is turning and you can't slow down,
you can't let go and you can't hold on,
you can't go back and you can't stand still,
if the thunder don't get ya then the lightning will.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing last night, the hand you went out on was definately an action hand...so many big hands.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

PJ my Ctown brotha...thanks for the kind words...there is no doubt which of us has a better handle at the felt! Looking forward to playing live with you, I'll email you to set it up once I get through the crunch of this June. See ya at WWdN.

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

rdg

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hd

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fdfdg

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

vccvb

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best site
http://www.computers-guide.co

4:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best site

4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home