Monday, June 26, 2006

Turn out the lights

It's been Monday night flameouts thus far. I didn't last long in The Group tournament on Stars and not much longer in Hoyazo's increasingly popular MATH. Got sucked out in a wretched fashion in The Group tournament. Diablo, a dangerous but wreckless cash player, apparently believes that when his luck is running good to play crap preflop, postflop and every in between. Whatever.

I didn't get much in the way of cards during the MATH. Sitting between two ginormous stacks,


my request for a seat change unheeded, I pushed with around 800 left from the BB with Kh-3h after flop of Ah-3h-Jc. GScotW called with A-J. The turn and river had no heart and I was gone early in this one as well.

The blogger tournaments have some mofo's with mad skills, but during the first 20 minutes or so, my short-handed starting table featured some of the donkiest poker plays I've seen in awhile, much less at one of these blogger extravaganzas. (Calling all-ins while possessing chips with 4-7 sooooted is still ill-advised, isn't it?)

The regular crowd eventually shuffled, however, and some semblance of poker resumed, meaning I didn't get much in the way of cards and impatience took hold.

I'm now in a $22 tourney on Titan, still lacking cards and destined to bid adieu to this tragic affair at any moment. There's always sleep. (How's this for my prognosticatory abilities. Two hands after typing my farewell speech, jacks made a courageous but ultimately vain attempt to take crack aces.

G'night, all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

that was fucked man. but you've always got WWdN tonight.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home