Saturday, May 08, 2010

Two scoops

I've played two SCOOP events thus far, $11 turbo PLO and $11 NLHE. I made minor cashes in both, missing the first hour of PLO and quitting with 44K in chips and blinds at around 400/800/xx in NLHE. Work was to blame for both incompletes.

I had no business entering the second tournament. I knew there would be a huge field, but failed to read the directions and didn't realize starting stacks were 10K. Not a good tournament for a school night. Ran okay for awhile and got into the 400s with 7,000 runners left. Once we reached the money around 12:30 a.m. (8 p.m. start), I knew I needed to bail. Missing work the next day was not an option. I clicked "Sit out" and went to bed. My unmanned stack got me to the 1400s for a $33 payday. Woot.

Currently playing in a $15 6-max rebuy PLO. Since it's Saturday evening, I can actually stick around and win this one. (Hey, why not?) I am off to a good start. I've run my 3K starting stack to over 12K within the first 35 minutes. Let's see if I can run ridiculously good in this thing.

While I don't post much here, I've been playing a fair amount of poker, although virtually all of it's online. I'm lucky to play live twice a month now in CPMG events. My current refuge online is $2/$4 8-game. Stakes are high enough to be interesting. I've even dipped my toes in the $4/$8 waters despite my lack of bankroll to support those stakes.

If I win this tournament, I promise to post again soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home